On My Block Review

Jaxon R., Reporter

“On My Block” is a Netflix show for teens, it is about four teenagers who are best friends and they are getting ready to start high school, however there is a catch, they live in a rough inner-city Los Angeles neighborhood with a very high crime rate. The show was released on Netflix on March 16, 2018 and season 2 has finally been announced to be released on March 29, 2019.

The characters are the most important part of every show. In this show the main characters are Ruby, Jamal, Monsee, and Cesar who are starting their first year of high school as Freshman. They have an argument and the group falls apart after there is a rumor spread while Monsee is at a summer camp. She comes back and is determined to find out why Ruby and Jamal don’t want Cesar in the group anymore, but they are scared to tell her because she has a bad temper.

Early season 1 a new character is introduced who is named Olivia. She comes to stay with Ruby and he is head over heels for her. The characters are great act playing their parts for being at such a young age. Jason Genao who plays Ruby is only 22 years old, Diego Tinoco who plays Cesar is only 21 years old, Brett Gray who plays Jamal is also 22 years old. The female characters are even younger as Sierra Capri, who plays Monsee, is only 20 years old and Ronni Hawk, who is the youngest at only 19 years old. “On My Block” is highly recommended for all kids ages 12 and older and is a great comedy.