The Ranger

Nintendo Switch

SyBrialle S., Reporter

The Nintendo Switch was released on March 3, 2017.  Although it came out in 2017, it became more popular in 2018. It was at the top of many people’s wish-list this past holiday season. It has many more good views than bad views, and most of the bad reviews have something positive to say about the device.

In my opinion, the Nintendo Switch is an overall good game console. It is a very innovative and flexible game, and is really easy to operate for most ages. I like it, because there are no constraints ON where you can play it. It is very easy to set up, and converts between handheld, TV, and tabletop mode very quickly and easily. The games load very quickly, and you can get some games without actually buying the video games to go along with it.

One thing that I dislike is the battery life. It says the battery life is six hours, but it seems to die after about three hours instead. If i bring it anywhere I need to bring my charger with me. It can be really annoying sometimes, but I’ve gotten used to it, and usually charge it before it dies.

The Nintendo Switch retails at $299.99 for just the device alone. It includes the Nintendo Switch console, Nintendo Switch dock, left and right Joy-Con, Joy-Con wrist straps, Joy-Con grip, a high speed HDMI cable, and a Nintendo Switch AC adapter.  The bundles retail at different prices, depending on theme. The Mario Kart bundle includes everything that the Nintendo Switch does, but include 2 full access digital download game codes.

Overall I think that the Nintendo Switch is a very good game console. I would give it a 4.5/5 stars, because I like everything, but the battery life. I would recommend it to anyone who travels a lot, or just likes games that are not restricted to your home.