The Ranger

Soon-to-Be 8th Graders

Jimmy, Reporter

Next school year the William O. Darby Junior High seventh graders will be eighth graders and The Ranger decided to interview a couple of those first year Darby goers. The Ranger interviewed a seventh grader named Adaya Renee Hembree. Hembree was asked what she thought of her first year at Darby. she replied by saying “There were a lot of new experiences. At first it was very scary because I didn’t know anyone or where any of my classes were. She was also asked what she expected Darby to be like when she was in the sixth grade. She answered with: “I expected me not to remember where any of my classes were. I honestly thought I would get lost like fifty thousand times. I thought the teachers would be mean and kill me.” Hembree’s next question was What she is expecting next year/ what she will be involved in next year. Hembree answered saying: “I expect it to be pretty much the same. I will be in marching band and orchestra. I’m not quite sure what all I’ll be in next year.” Also, a question The Ranger only asked people in Band, she was asked what she though of getting to play with the Advanced Band for sixth grade orientation. She said: “I thought it was a lot of fun and we sounded amazing. I think we should play with them more often so the incoming sixth graders will be motivated to surpass our level of excellence.”

The other seventh grader interviewed goes by the name Jake Rose Cloud. He was asked the same questions as Hembree. On the question of their first year at Darby, Cloud said “It’s relaxing compared to Ramsey.” He also said, “Darby’s pretty chill.” Cloud said that he didn’t even know that Darby was a place when he was in sixth grade. He expects Darby to be pretty much the same next. He said, “I’ll be involved in art and band stuff, so that’s cool.” The last question was for any other thoughts that he had about this year or next year. Cloud said, “Not really. In the end, I’ll still be trash.”