Darby to Dance at the Monster Mash

Back to Article
Back to Article

Darby to Dance at the Monster Mash

Romie, Reporter

The Monster Mash is the first school dance of 2016-2017. It will be held Friday, October 28th in the Darby storm shelter, and is sponsored by the Student Council.

“The dance will be held from 5:30-7:30, but Student Council will be reporting at 4:30 for decoration setup,” says Ms. Kennet Girdley, Student Council adviser. “We have had items donated to us by Lowes, Fort Smith and Van Buren. Target is still pending.”

The entry fee is $3.00 (NOT Darby dollars.) You must have your ID card, no one else’s. Costumes are encouraged, but you cant’t wear or bring any wigs or face masks. You still must follow the regular school dress code.

At the dance there will be games and contests.  “Colt Ferguson, school secretary, is in charge of Bobbing for Apples and Gabrielle Colpitts is presenting the Mummy Wrap game,” says Ms. Girdley.       

There will be costume contests with awards for the scariest costume, the mo144_1525851st unique or creative, the funniest, and the best look-a-like. According to Ms. Girdley, “Winners will receive a prize. Student council members are grouped up to observe and report winne
rs for each category.”

“Snacks (chips and cookies) and drinks will be provided by the student council, but they will be limited,” says Girdley.

To have a song played, you can request one for one dollar. The songs must be clean and curse word free. NO sexual acknowledgement. Proceeds will go to Student Council.

“Let’s have a MONSTROUS good time!”